Just a few guidelines on being a volunteer at the Downtown Theatre:
- Attire for all shows is black (stripes/patterns ok) pants/skirt and black or white top, unless otherwise instructed.
- Call time for all volunteers is 1 hour and 15 minutes prior to start of show, unless otherwise instructed. We will not be able to accommodate volunteers once doors open to guests, unless a prior arrangement with a house manager has been made.
- If you are unable to volunteer for a show for which you signed up, please contact our House Manager by phone or text at (707) 403-1187 to let them know.
- You may watch the performance of the show you are volunteering for. However, seating for volunteers is by space available and will be in the designated usher seating near the doors of the theatre, unless you have been informed otherwise. If you arrive within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time of a show, you will be asked to purchase a ticket for the show.
- You will be expected to keep an eye out for problems with guests during the performance. Should you see a guest who may need some attention (ie using their cell phone, taking photo or video when not allowed), we ask that you notify a house manager or staff member so they can deal with that guest, rather than taking action yourself. Most performances do not allow photos or videos to be taken. We will let you know if there is an exception.
- Please note that the theatre policy regarding cell phone use and photography does apply to our volunteers as well. Inside the theatre, volunteers (and guests) are expected to turn their cell phones off. No photography or video taping are allowed.
- If a guest asks, food and drink are allowed inside the theatre. Doors to seating open approximately 15-20 minutes prior to start of show.
- Our snack bar does serve alcohol to guests 21 years of age and above. Staff and volunteers may not consume alcohol while working a shift.
For more information on Downtown Theatre shows and the venue, click here to be taken to the main page.